Our last wine event at La BOTTEGA was with with Vie di Romans and their export manager Laura Zanini. Vie di Romans is one of Italy's most esteemed estates. Considered by many to be the best whites in all of Italy, the wines are highly concentrated, mineral and textured expressions of pure varietal character. The immaculate estate comprises 53 hectares in the Isonzo Valley, 5 km east to Slovenia, 80 km north to the Alps, 20 km south to the Adriatic.
Gianfranco Gallo took over management of the estate from his father in 1978, when he was only 19, and introduced a number of radical viticultural programs. Fanatical attention to detail in the vineyard and cellar, and an undying curiosity make these some of the best, most unique wines in Italy. We have paired it with a premium TRUFFLE risotto mix and real deal Parmigiano Reggiano for your ultimate dinner and wine pairing.
Wine Package includes:
- Pinot Grigio '18 - The Vie di Romans is a classic example of Pinot Grigio that blows your mind and any preconceptions of what the grape is capable of producing. The bouquet is full of sweet pastry aromas, scents of Williams pear skin and notes of yellow fruit. It has extraordinary complexity and structure on the palate. Textured and rich, this wine has a long, persistent finish.
- Sauvignon Blanc '18 - Expect a refined, complex Sauvignon Blanc that reflects an elegant rather than pungent style. Look for citrus, tropical fruit
and herbs, with underlying oak spice
- Chardonnay '18 - Expect an elegant, nuanced wine, with lifted white
flower tones, white cherry, tropical fruit, toast, and oak spice. This is
always crafted to reflect a finely knit, focused style. A wine that will
drink into the late '20s.
- La Bottega wine notes
- Parmigiano Reggiano DOP (150g)
- Truffle Risotto for 2 - Product of Italy
Must be 19 years of age or older.
Please be aware that due to sudden changes in stock availability, we may have to offer substitutions on some items of equal or better quality. We sincerely thank you for your order. Any questions with your order please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org